Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Chik'n Strips

I've really come to enjoy most of Morning Star Farm's vegan products. Their Meal Starters Steak Strips are among my favorite meat substitutes and their Meal Starters Grillers Recipe Crumbles are almost always in my freezer.

For some reason I've just never gotten around to trying their Morning Star Meal Starters Chik'n Strips until now. They are an excellent source of protein with 23 grams per serving. Plus, each serving has only 3.5 grams of fat and 140 calories. I'm not as thrilled about the 510mg sodium, but there is a whole list of vitamins including 4% of the daily recommendation for calcium, 30% thiamin, 35% niacin, 30% vitamin B12, 6% magnesium, 30% iron, 15% riboflavin, 20% vitamin B6, 8% pantothenic acid and 30% zinc. Since iron and B vitamins are sometimes a challenge in vegan and vegetarian diets, I was particularly happy to see how much each serving of this meat alternative had to offer.

Click here to read my full Morning Star Farms Meal Starters Chik'n Strips Product Review.

No comments:

Post a Comment