Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Yesterday's Vegan Juicing Recipe




I was pretty under the weather yesterday, so I apologize for not posting this vegan juicing recipe sooner. I'm not sure what I will be brewing up in the juicer today, but I will post that one later!

Yesterday's Vegan Juicing Recipe

3 carrots
3 celery stalks
9 kale leaves/stalks
2 handfuls of spinach
1 small beet
1 small chunk of onion
1 garlic clove

This was my first time juicing a beet, and I'm not sure how I feel about it. The taste of the juice was fine, so that wasn't the problem; however, I got a killer headache soon after finishing my juice. I also didn't feel well for most of the day after.

My guess is that is was either too much sugar from the beet-carrot combo I had in there or the detox effect from including the all-mighty beet. Either way, I didn't like how I felt after this juice, and I'm thinking I might skip the beets for now.

Maybe I just need to juice a bit longer before amping things up with beets. Any thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. Keep us updated about this I would like to hear more on this topic!

    ReplyDelete