Sunday, July 10, 2011

Patio Gardening Update

As I've mentioned before, I'm not exactly known for having green thumbs. With my past gardening fails, I'm pleasantly surprised at how well my little patio garden is doing this year.

I think the grow bags (which I'm currently using for tomatoes and peppermint) have definitely helped - as has the addition of the little greenhouse, which is now home to peppermint, spearmint, basil, oregano and cilantro.

While I'm certainly not yet growing enough to cut back on trips to the market, it's satisfying to grow even a small amount of my own vegan foods that come right from my patio and are grown without pesticides or chemical fertilizers.

Here are a couple of pics of how things are going so far.


Tomatoes, bell peppers and serrano chiles:



My smallest bell pepper plant is the only one that has decided to produce anything so far:



And here is a pic of the greenhouse (this is actually from a few weeks ago, so things have been rearranged and have grown more since then):

No comments:

Post a Comment