Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Vegan Finds at Dollar Tree

We lost some of the food in our fridge and freezer during the recent power outages in the Seattle area, so today I started working on stocking up on some of the items we use most often. I go through lots of frozen berries and fruit for my vegan fruit smoothies (like this vegan fruit smoothie recipe) - and it's going to be a bit expensive to replace the food we lost - so while I usually prefer buying organic, I decided to hit up my local Dollar Tree to see what they had.

While I was there, I took a look around to see what other vegan deals I could find.

Here are some of the vegan Dollar Tree deals I found on today's trip:

Good Grains Whole Flax Seeds
Frozen Whole Strawberries
Frozen Mixed Berries
Frozen Sliced Strawberries
Frozen Mango Pieces
Frozen Sliced Peaches
French Fries
Tater Tots
Tater Sticks

If you don't have an issue with excessive packaging, they also have multi-packs of peanuts and other nuts. And if you make an exception for items that are made with conventional sugar (which is generally processed with bone char), then there are lots more food items you might enjoy. I didn't write those items down to share, because it slipped my mind that some veg folks make that exception -- sorry!

Considering how much these items usually cost at grocery stores, it looks like Dollar Tree (and other dollar stores) is a great place to check out when shopping for vegan foods on a budget!

No comments:

Post a Comment